Community Life Director Amanda Aaron was a featured speaker at an event sponsored by the Connecticut Assisted Living Association and the Institute for Senior Living Education. The conference was an educational opportunity for senior care providers to learn more about the challenges and triumphs of creating a culture of acceptance.
• Enhanced awareness of the application of fair housing laws.
• Promoting diversity within resident and staff populations.
• Balancing fair housing requirements with obligations to ensure the well-being of residents.
• Confident decision making regarding reasonable accommodations.
• How starting with “yes” can foster an open and affirming culture within your community.
• Welcoming and supporting LGBT seniors in your community.